Our Alterations Small Business Starter Course teaches you the skills and techniques required to make alterations and repairs into a successful and profitable home-based small business.
- Easy to follow videos on each technique
- Time-saving tips from our alterations specialist
- Focuses on the skills required to set up an alterations business from home
- Learn online, at times to suit you, anywhere with an internet connection
- Core Techniques: the key techniques for making alterations to readymade, clothing for men, women and children
- Perfect Pant Hems: how to hem pants quickly and profitably
- Readymade Garment Repairs: core skills for repairing clothes, including how to replace buttons and repair seams
- Simple Zipper Replacements: how to replace a zipper in jeans or casual pants
- Fabrics: different fabrics, how they are handled, and the difficulty levels when working with various fabrics (in printed manual)
- Alterations Business: how to build a home alterations business from scratch (in printed manual)
The Jackson Sewing Academy Alterations Small Business Starter Course is presented by April Jackson. April is a Master Alterations Specialist with 30+ years’ experience in the trade, as an apprentice, employee and successful alterations business owner. In this course, April will share with you the professional hints, tips and tricks to complete your men’s clothing alterations to a professional standard.
- Step-by-step videos providing easy-to-follow instructions for every alteration or repair you will need for your alterations and repairs small business
- Exclusive manuals and guide with easy-to-understand directions and images for each video.
- Email access to an ‘alterations specialist’ if you need extra help
- Unlimited online access to all course materials
- Over 7 hours of easy to follow instruction videos with April
- View anytime online, 24/7 after purchase
Enroll in the Alterations Small Business Starter Course and we’ll send you your free gift, an exclusive Jackson Sewing Academy Dual Surface Sleeve Board worth $75.
- Access to a sewing machine, preferably an industrial model
- Standard sewing equipment including tailoring scissors, needles, chalk, etc.
- Standard haberdashery supplies including thread, buttons, zips, etc., as required
- A steam iron and ironing boarding
- A clean space to work in
- Access to the internet
- A desire to learn!