Learn how to perform the most common alterations and repairs with our Basic Alterations & Repairs course. Gain expert techniques ad tips taught by an industry professional.
- Easy to follow step-by-step videos
- Inside tips and time-saving techniques from your professional tutor
- Aimed at those looking for jobs in professional alterations and repairs
- Learn online, anywhere (1), at your own pace.
- Core Techniques: selected techniques for preparing clothing for alterations
- Basic Pant Hem: how to hem pants without hassle
- Readymade Garment Repairs: how to replace buttons, repair and alter seams, patching techniques
- Basic Zipper Replacements: how to replace a zipper in jeans and pants
The Jackson Sewing Academy Alterations Small Business Starter Course is presented by April Jackson. April is a Master Alterations Specialist with 30+ years’ experience in the trade, as an apprentice, employee and successful alterations business owner. In this course, April will share with you the professional hints, tips and tricks to complete your men’s clothing alterations to a professional standard.
- Step-by-step videos providing easy-to-follow instructions for common alterations or repairs
- Exclusive manuals and guide with easy-to-understand directions and images for each video
- Email access to an ‘alterations specialist’ if you need extra help
- 3 years unlimited online access to all course materials (2)
- Over 3.5 hours of easy to follow instruction videos with April Jackson
- View anytime online, 24/7, for 36 months after purchase
Enroll in the Alterations Small Business Starter Course and we’ll send you your free gift, an exclusive Jackson Sewing Academy Dual Surface Sleeve Board worth $75.
One-off fee of just $400 + HSTfor unlimited online access for three years (36 months).
- Access to a sewing machine, preferably an industrial model
- Standard sewing equipment including tailoring scissors, needles, chalk, etc.
- Standard haberdashery supplies including thread, buttons, zips, etc., as required
- A steam iron and ironing boarding
- A clean space to work in
- Access to the internet
- A desire to learn!