Learn how to perform the most common alterations and repairs with our Basic Alterations & Repairs course. Gain expert techniques ad tips taught by an industry professional.
- Easy to follow step-by-step videos
- Inside tips and time-saving techniques from your professional tutor
- Aimed at those looking for jobs in professional alterations and repairs
- Learn online, anywhere (1), at your own pace.
Techniques – Buy Individual Module ($50)
- Thread a Hand Sew Needle
- Hand Sew Button, Snap, Hook and Eye
- Sharpening and Marking with Wax Chalk
- Identify and Remove Blind Hem Stitch
- Razor Open Hems
- Remove Socket Snaps
- Socket Snap Application
- Fast Change Thread Industrial Straight Stitch
- Fast Change Thread Serger or Coverstitch
Repairs – Buy Individual Module ($100)
- Jean Button Repair/Replacement
- Seam Repairs and Patching
- Seam Repair near Slit or Vent
- Seam Repair Near a Zipper
- Seam Repair Lined Garment
- Patch Knees on Snow Pants
Pant Hems – Buy Individual Module ($150)
- Pinning- Wide Bottom Pant
- Basic Pant Hem 1/2″ Jean/Topstitch
- Basic Pant Hem 1″ Topstitch
- Dress Pant Hem
- Ladies Dress Pant Hem/Lined Pants
- Pant with Cuff
- Euro Jean Hem
- Mock Euro Hem
- Coverstitch-Yoga Hem
- Shorten Pant Leg by Creating a Seam
The Jackson Sewing Academy Alterations Small Business Starter Course is presented by April Jackson. April is a Master Alterations Specialist with 30+ years’ experience in the trade, as an apprentice, employee and successful alterations business owner. In this course, April will share with you the professional hints, tips and tricks to complete your men’s clothing alterations to a professional standard.
- Step-by-step videos providing easy-to-follow instructions for common alterations or repairs
- Exclusive manuals and guide with easy-to-understand directions and images for each video
- Email access to an ‘alterations specialist’ if you need extra help
- Unlimited online access to all course materials (2)
- 28 easy to follow instruction videos with April Jackson
- View anytime online, 24/7 after purchase
Enroll in the Alterations Small Business Starter Course and we’ll send you your free gift, an exclusive Jackson Sewing Academy Dual Surface Sleeve Board worth $75.
- Access to a sewing machine, preferably an industrial model
- Standard sewing equipment including tailoring scissors, needles, chalk, etc.
- Standard haberdashery supplies including thread, buttons, zips, etc., as required
- A steam iron and ironing boarding
- A clean space to work in
- Access to the internet
- A desire to learn!