The only online alterations course teaching you the professional techniques and skills required for a career in the readymade garment alterations trade.
- Comprehensive, detailed, and packed with inside tips and time-saving methods.
- Learn the skills and techniques of professional alterations and repairs.
- Learn online, at your own pace, anytime.
- Core Techniques: fundamentals of the trade, including identifying stitch types and preparing garments for alteration
- Perfect Pant Hems: how to make a variety of hems quickly and easily
- Readymade Garment Repairs: core skills in replacing buttons, and repairing seams
- Easy Zipper Replacements: the skills for replacing zippers in any garment and any fabric
- Smart Sleeve Hems: how to alter both lined and lined sleeves with ease, including shirts and blouses
- Skillful Skirt Hems: expert tips on professional style skirts hems
- Custom-fit Waist Alterations: how to skillfully alter waistlines on men’s and women’s pants for a custom fit
- Tailored Taper Side Seams: how to taper side seams on tailored items such as jackets for a custom fit
- Fabrics: different fabrics, how they are handled, and the difficulty levels when working with various fabrics (in printed manual)
- Alterations Business:how to build a home alterations business from scratch (in printed manual)
The Jackson Sewing Academy Master Alterations Specialist course is presented by April Jackson, herself a Master Alterations Specialist with 30+ years’ experience in the profession. April shares with you the tips and tricks she has acquired that will allow you to complete each job quickly and professionally.
- Step-by-step videos providing easy-to-follow instructions for every alteration or repair you will need to work as a Master Alterations Specialist.
- Printable materials with easy-to-understand directions and images for each video.
- Email access to an ‘alterations specialist’ for extra help
- Unlimited online access to all course materials (1)
One Time Purchase
$1250 (Save $700!) – Click to Buy
Core Techniques – $50 – Click to Buy
Garment Repairs – $100 – Click to Buy
Basic & Advanced Pant Hems – $150 – Click to Buy
Zipper Replacements Module 1 – $125 – Click to Buy
Zipper Replacements Module 2 – $125 – Click to Buy
Sleeve Hems Module 1 – $100 – Click to Buy
Sleeve Hems Module 2 – $125 – Click to Buy
Skirt Hems Module 1 – $100 – Click to Buy
Skirt Hems Module 2 – $100 – Click to Buy
Taper Side Seams Module 1 – $125 – Click to Buy
Taper Side Seams Module 2 – $125 – Click to Buy
Waist Alterations – $150 – Click to Buy
Alter Shoulders – $100 – Click to Buy
Home Décor – $25 – Click to Buy
- Over 21 hours of easy to follow instruction videos with April
- View anytime online, 24/7 after purchase
- Access to a sewing machine, preferably an industrial model
- Standard sewing equipment including tailoring scissors, needles, chalk, etc.
- Standard haberdashery supplies including thread, buttons, zips, etc., as required
- A steam iron and ironing boarding
- A clean space to work in
- Access to the internet
- A desire to learn!