Our Men’s Wear Alterations Specialist Course shows you the professional skills and industry-level techniques required to make alterations and repairs to all types of men’s clothing, from shirts to suits.
- Step by step videos on each topic
- Time-saving techniques from a professional alterations specialist
- Ideal training for jobs in professional alterations and repairs.
- Learn online, anywhere, at times to suit you
- Core Techniques: the key techniques for making clothes alterations for men, including preparing clothing for alteration
- Gents Pant Hems: how to hem men’s pants
- Readymade Garment Repairs: core skills for men’s clothing, including replacing buttons and repairing seams
- Men’s Zipper Replacements: how to replace a zipper in men’s pants or shorts
- Sleeve Shortening: how to shorten both lined and lined sleeves including sleeves with buttons.
- Custom-fit Waist Alterations: how to alter waistlines on men’s pants for a custom fit
- Taper Side Seams: how to taper side seams on a man’s lined jacket
- Fabrics: different fabrics, how they are handled, and the difficulty levels when working with various fabrics (in printed manual)
- Alterations Business: how to build a home alterations business from scratch (in printed manual)
The Jackson Sewing Academy Men’s Wear Alterations Specialist Course is presented by April Jackson. April is a Master Alterations Specialist with 30+ years’ experience in the trade, as an apprentice, employee and successful alterations business owner. In this course, April will share with you the professional hints, tips and tricks to complete your men’s clothing alterations to a professional standard.
- Step-by-step videos providing easy-to-follow instructions for every alteration or repair you will need to work as a Men’s Wear Alterations Specialist.
- Exclusive manuals and guide with easy-to-understand directions and images for each video.
- Email access to an ‘alterations specialist’ if you need extra help
- 3 years unlimited online access to all course materials (1)
- Over 13 hours of easy to follow instruction videos with April
- View anytime online, 24/7, for 36 months after purchase
Enroll in the Men’s Wear Alterations Specialist Course and we’ll send you your free gift, an exclusive Jackson Sewing Academy Custom Dual Surface Table-top Ironing Board worth $150.
One-off fee of just $1950 + HST for unlimited online access for three years (36 months).
- Access to a sewing machine, preferably an industrial model
- Standard sewing equipment including tailoring scissors, needles, chalk, etc.
- Standard haberdashery supplies including thread, buttons, zips, etc., as required
- A steam iron and ironing boarding
- A clean space to work in
- Access to the internet
- A desire to learn!